When we consider promoting a product into the market, the vast majority of people think about mass media marketing where radio, newspaper, television are used to advertise the products or brands to large audience which thusly helps in creating brand awareness and leads to sales conversions. Then comes the inbound marketing strategies where informative content drove the traffic to the web page or the social media page and that created the word-of-mouth marketing, thus driving the leads into customers.
Evangelist marketing is an advanced from of word-of-mouth marketing. The companies develop its customers, who has a strong believe in the particular product or services and in return the customers convince others to buy and use the product or services.
Marketers can succeed among evangelists and sceptics by the following:
- Employees, managers and salesperson of small and medium businesses can carry the enthusiasm of the brands to its vendors and customers thus evangelism can get started in- house.
- Social media marketing is an ideal medium for evangelism marketing because a very clear and concise content role is played in front of the customers in an efficient and effective manner. Also in social media, the customers expresses their likes, dislikes.
- Customers experience can be a useful tool to tell a story to the prospects and it is quite often being overlooked by the sceptics.
- Sceptical buyers are always on high alert for the things that sounds good so it is better to avoid jargons and filler words.
- Sceptical prospects typically looks for numbers and hard data so it is better to avoid generic value statement and reinforce it with statistics.
- Sceptical prospects do not like to take anything at face value, so their trust can be won by providing them with plenty of context and letting them to make up their mind for themselves.
Evangelist’s claims for AI/ AR/ Voice/ Chabot’s as it revolutionize every aspects of marketing. Apple, Amazon and Netflix are the prime examples of successful evangelist marketing. On the other hand, Sceptical marketing is quite risky, as customers feedback conveys information about the product being not feasible and therefore desires to dismiss it entirely.